Current and New Juried Artist Procedures – Bringing In and Removing Work
Artists must ensure their art is correctly inventoried and labeled by completing or updating items below:
- Artist Inventory Cards* – Artists are responsible for preparing and keeping up to date Inventory cards with mailing address, phone number and email address. It is impossible to keep track of sales if Artists’ Inventory Cards are not filled out correctly.
- Name and phone #, email address, mailing address.
- Date IN
- Inventory # (artist assigns) for each item including all jewelry, ornaments and notecards. For notecards: please list all single cards and multiple card packs separately. If multiple cards or packs have the same image(s) you can use one inventory # for that card image but add letters a, b, c etc. pm your Inventory Card for each card. Add a sticker with that inventory # on each card.
- Title of work
- Size & Media
- Date Sold or withdrawn. When removing Art use a blue or black pen, line through the item(s) to be removed, enter the date, and write sign your name in the Withdrawn By column. Do not use red ink when withdrawing work! Red Ink is only used for work SOLD.
- Mattie King Davis Gallery Tag (available the gallery) for each piece of art to be displayed. Include matching inventory #, Title, Size, Media, your name, and price from your Artist Inventory Card. Secure the Gallery Tag to the front of all matted work and notecards. For framed art, leave the tag with the painting so as not to damage the frame. DO NOT TAPE TO FRAME OR PAINTING.
- Notecards, card packs need to have their inventory # (from Artist Card) attached with a small white tag.
- Artists are asked to provide business cards, a resume and other information for the Mattie King Davis Art Gallery Website
*Note: If a volunteer is not present when you bring in or take out your art, please leave your Artist Inventory Card on the desk with a note that says either “New Work” or “Work removed”. The next volunteer worker will fill out the required forms that help our PR person know inventory changes. Do not hang your art.
Leave your appropriately inventoried and tagged art leaning on the floor leaning against the wall in the main room. The hanging committee will hang your work.