The Jury Process
(There are no jury fees)
Check list before you begin Application:
- Must be a Member of the Beaufort Historical Association at Contributor level ($35) or higher. Click here to join now.
- All artwork must be original.
- No reproductions.
- No prints including limited-edition prints.
- No canvas wrapped prints or giclées.
- No craft kit items (only original fine crafts)
- All art work must adhere to these display standards:
- Framed work
- Frames and glass must be clean and sturdy
- Proper wiring is essential – use metal or plastic-coated metal wire, no monofilament.
- No sawtooth hangers
- Matted work must be covered with shrink wrap or acetate sleeves
- Singles – must be in fitted sleeves – not in sandwich bags.
- Multiple pack – must be in clear boxes or fitted sleeves – no sandwich bags.
- Three-Dimensional work is limited by space available, and sometimes may be placed in storage until needed. The number of three-dimensional pieces allowed in the gallery per artist will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Art Gallery Committee.
- Review the Current & Prospective Artist Agreements and Procedures
- Framed work
Jury submissions must be via the Jury Form found below.
The Mattie King Davis Art Committee meets the second Tuesday of each month to jury in new work.
If you live within the Beaufort vicinity, please bring your work a week in advance (first Tuesday of the Month) to the Safrit Welcome Center at 130 Turner Street.